Now that we are halfway through 2020, it’s time to start cleaning around the house. Check out this organizational method to keep your garage tidy and organized. Staying on top of your cleaning load and taking it a little at a time will prevent clutter, waste, and could even save you on trips to the store by reusing older items.
Each month through the end of 2020 we will be sharing a new cleaning guide:
- July 2020: Kitchen Cleanup
- August 2020: Garage Organization
- September 2020: Closet Clean Out
- October 2020: Bathroom
- November 2020: Holiday Prep
- December 2020: De-Clutter
July – Kitchen Cleanup
Kitchens tend to be the focal point of many households, and also one of the most cluttered areas of any living situation. Whether you have an abundance of appliances, dirty dishes, or forgotten foods, every kitchen deserves a deep clean once in awhile.
- Go through your pantry and donate food that you’ve over purchased or don’t intend to use.
- Look through the food in your refrigerator and consider composting food that may be going to waste.
- Sell or donate old or duplicate appliances and see what you can consolidate.
August – Garage Organization
Garages are often a forgotten storage yard, filled with tools, appliances, sporting goods, bikes, and many other old and broken toys. Take the time to go through your garage and add proper organization.
- Categorize your items and create departments for them
- Make a place for everything, what doesn’t have a place, clearly doesn’t belong.
- Donate, recycle, sell, or reuse old appliances or hardware items you no longer need.
- Before disposing of broken projects, see if the item may be deconstructed and used for parts and if not, dispose of it properly.
We’ll be sharing more helpful cleaning guides each month for the rest of the year so be sure to check back soon!