Does Christmas time always seem to surprise you? Get a heads start and spring into the season with a homemade recycled plastic wreath. This simple, five-step DIY is fun for the whole family and finally gives your old plastic bags a good use!
- Wire hanger
- Used plastic grocery bags or white trash bags
- Additional décor
- Create a hoop.
- Bend the hanger into a circle and place the hanger hook at the top. This will allow for easier hanging once the wreath is complete.
- Cut plastic strips.
- Take your grocery or trash bags and cut them into equal length strips.
- Strips should be approximately 2” wide x 3” high
- Make some (lots) of knots.
- Taking one piece of plastic at a time, tie a knot around the hoop. Repeat until the hoop is filled.
- Periodically push your knots together to ensure that the pieces are close together and wreath looks full.
- Add some color.
- Using your ribbon color of choice, tie a bow around the hoop. Placement of the ribbon depends on your preference.
- Add additional decor.
- Add any other personalized finishing touches you desire, such as glitter, additional ribbons, etc.